Ariston oven timer trouble - how to change it

I have an Ariston built-in double oven, model DOV 317/1. The time

frequently gets stuck in automatic mode or the led races through th

24-hour clock without responding to attempts to stop it. This appear to happen after cooking something hot and steamy. When this happens i refuses to allow the clock to be set and no amount of button-pressing o powering on/off will help reset it. When stuck in auto mode, it's no possible to get it into manual mode.

At some point - once weeks later - it will come back to life and wor again for a time.

So it's probably time to change the timer mechanism, which is a fairl expensive part but is available.

The problem is, I cannot see how to get behind the panel to the ol timer. There are four screws and four knobs, which when removed allo the panel to slide left and right very slightly but I don't want t force it open and break something.

If anyone knows if there is a trick to this oven, (or can even provid any comments on the general quality of the timer) I would be pleased t hear

-- catherine

Reply to
catherine