******************

From: Doctor Drivel Subject: Re: Standard or "Superduty" hot water cylinder? Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:25 Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y

If you do have dire water mains pressure, this usually improves when a new 25mm plastic mains pipe is fitted

*******************

So no point in asking you a related question.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You clearly don't. ROFLMAO

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Hilarious!!! He don't know the difference between high and low pressure taps and systems, and uses a pump on one tap, now he knows all about pressure. ROFLMAO. Classic, classic!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Don't get me wrong the water temperature is hot. In the dead of winter ( with the correct flow ) I found it ok but not brill. On the other had I found the Main/ Baxi to be so hot that you would turn down the thermostat. Yes the Ariston is easy to work on as are a number of boilers and I have fitted a number of them quite happily but to me the Main/ baxi is noticeably better. I may find down the line that the parts may be expensive or it could have some faults but as yet it they have been very very good

Reply to
IAN CAPEL

The Main is a rebadged Pottertron model and has a secondary heat exchanger. Not a good sign. One piece heat exchangers with pre-mix burners are quieter as the fan exhaust fan is deep inside and surrounded. The 30e only has the same flowrate as the larger Microgenus. Baxi have used the Main badge as it was one of decent quality with the multi-points. Their Potterton and Baxi ranges stunk and they are trying an image revamp. The Suprema is about the worst boiler to produced. See Maxie Raden about the boards. Yet the Baxi non-condensing 105e is a very good reasonably quiet combi, and the Baxi Barcelona condensing boiler was a dog (which is now not that bad with problems ironed out and rebadged the Potterton Promax).

He has this constant desire for attention with an overinflated opinion of his own abilities. If you met him in a pub, you probably wouldn't stand 5 minutes of him and turn away. Sad I must say.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:13:56 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Reply to
Steve Firth

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

200
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:43:18 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Reply to
Steve Firth

Is that 200 punps on taps? ROFLMAO.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Just stop saying that

Reply to
Stuart Noble

It is what happens.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

What's a punp?

Do you do this to pick up the dog hairs?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A gummy pump.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Hmm, Drivel - Rolls On the Floor Licking a Moron's ArseOle.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I doubt he knows anyone that well.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You now owe me two.

Drivel you're a moron, a genuine knuckle dragging apology for a human being.

Reply to
Steve Firth