Ariston Microgenus 23 Won't work after freezing

I have an Ariston Microgenus 23 converted to LPG fitted in a caravan. I was recently caught out when the system froze. It wrecked the pressure gauge so I fitted a new gauge. There appears to be two problems When the boiler is switched on it is trying to ignite (regardless of whether the timer switch is on or not) The burner will not light unless the front is taken off the combustion chamber, the flames light but when the front is offered back up the flames go out. Has anybody got any ideas? Is there anything fitted on this boiler that is supposed to be sacrificed if it freezes? Thanks in anticipation

Reply to
the_cat

This is fanned flued IIRC. Perhaps the fan is not working? because of the relatively small volume of air in a caravan it is absolutely important that you do the job properly.

The very fact that the flames go out when the cover is fitted should be a big warning sign that there is something very seriously wrong. You have been warned. It would be a pity (from your perspective) to join the Darwin awards for this year (... overcome by fumes from faulty gas appliance whilst attempting a repair...).

Reply to
Ed Sirett