Ariston Dishwasher no getting going

I have an Ariston dishwasher, which is about eight years old. The only i.d. I can see on it are the letters K-LS 45/50 on the bar code at the back of it.

It's been working ok since we had it but today it wouldn't start. The only thing that happens is there's a slight 'buzzing' noise when the go button is pushed.

Having looked inside the wash compartment of the machine, the water from the previous wash hasn't been pumped out, there's about an inch or so in the outlet depression in the base of the machine. Normally, this is pumped out before the machine starts its cycle, it's the first part of the cycle I suppose.

I have been looking to see how I can get inside this machine to inspect/repair the pump but I can't see any obvious way into it. Do the sides come off, or is the access plate on the bottom?

Anyone know?

TIA

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

I don't know who made my machine, but it'd badged "Tricity Bendix". After 10 years of faultless operation I had to look at it for the first time last week and access to most of the gubbins is from underneath, so you have to lay the machine on its side.

Reply to
Graham.

On the bottom normally but put plenty of towels on the floor before you tip it over.

Reply to
Sandy Morton

Thanks, both of you. It looks like the only way in is via the bottom but you need a can opener as well as patience. Ah well!

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick