Ariston Dishwasher : LS1 61

Sorry if this is off topic. My dishwasher has stopped working as of a few days ago. The Ariston support line wasn't of any use. They want to send someone out at £85 to look at the machine, plus labour charges.

Its model LS1 61 (thats whas it on the inside on the door) and its approx 2 years old. Its built into the work units so it is not easily accessible.

Basically, the left button that normally indicates you are about to do a full load is now flashing very fast and the cycle won't start. I've checked the filter and this seems OK.

Has anyone any ideas what we can do to fix this before having to call someone out.

Thanks.

Reply to
Philip Rayne

Just had a guy (Thurs) out to sort my LSI61 with exactly the same fault, only 3 years old. The fast flashing LED is error indicator.

He checked the float at the bottom hadn't jammed (I'd already checked that), pull covers of bottom and float switch can be made to move. He changed the control unit (lights, switches and electronics) still same fault. Talked back to base for 1/2 hour concluded wiring loom fault. Oh dear wiring loom is obselete !!!. Apparently now going to replace whole dishwasher.

This was all under the SericeCall fixed charge £89.98 call out fee (which I havn't paid yet, mind you haven't had a new/replacement dishwsher either).

Reply to
Ian Middleton

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:12:38 +0100, "Ian Middleton" strung together this:

Although it may be cheaper to call a local appliance repair firm out, manufacturers generaslly replace rather than repair so that wiring loom fault is more than likely a cable worn where it passes from the door to the body of the dishwasher. If we were to repeair that you'd be looking at

Reply to
Lurch

Reply to
Ian Middleton

Still made by the same hands, in the same southern Italian factory by Merloni, but some marketing bod decided to 're-align' their branding policies for the UK. You'll see the same old Ariston cooking products now badged as new Hotpoint lines also. Some focus group must have determined that UK people perceive Hotpoint to be a better product than Ariston.

Nice service option, but probably written in someone is a universal get out clause; still the £89 seems reasonable given the likely outcome. Next challenge is to get the discount applied to the street price rather than the RRP (BFV62 £360 v £530)

Reply to
Toby

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 23:06:28 +0100, "Toby" strung together this:

Yep, we get people coming in asking for Hotpoint machines because their old one lasted 15+ years, that is until they're informed that Hotpoint are exactly the same as Indesit, which are crap, (as are Ariston).

Reply to
Lurch

The controller on these machines normally locks out when it encounters a problem which means that an engineer has to reset it even if its something simple like a blockage!

if u want the info on how to reset the controller on the lsi61 then let me have an email address. its just a matter of pressing the right keys in the right order but is a bit too long winded to publish here.

chaz

Reply to
Chocks

Yes please.

Please e-mail reset sequence to ian snipped-for-privacy@tcp.co.uk.

Reply to
Ian Middleton

Hi everyone,

I have taken the bottom panel off the units and looked underneath the dishwasher. There was a some water leakage, and a pipe appears to be coming from the back of the dishwasher (left hand side) and it looks like it should be coming around the front past the filter and somewhere to the right hand side. This pipe is not connected to anything. Should it be? I'm not really a plumber, and most of the people I have called don't deal with dishwashers, so I'm guessing it will be a callout by Ariston themselves. If anyone has any ideas of what I can do (short of pulling the whole unit out to gain access to it) then please let me know.

Thanks.

Reply to
Philip Rayne