Argos Worx Sonic or Bosch PMF-180: which to buy

As subject really. Can't afford a Fein, so it's down to one of these bad boys!!!

Which is the better?

Reply to
Slider

I've got the Bosch and it works as it says it would, and has done for a long time. So, personally, I would recommend the Bosch. But, then, I haven't tried the other one.

Reply to
BigWallop

I'm well pleased with my Bosch.

Given they are much the same price, the Bosch has to be odds on favourite. Known & long established brand with blade & parts availability.

Where are you going to get bits for the Worx? Not from bloody Argos thats for sure.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Does the Worx take Fein bits but not Bosch bits?

Does the Bosch not take Fein/Worx?

Are adaptors available for either?

Presumably the Bosch bits are cheaper but the Worx machine is a good price at Argos at present - although clearly not a bargain if you can't get accessories.

Reply to
mike

There is a post above this dealing with this.

I bought the Worx but it is going back. Buy the Bosch.

The bits are not interchangable.

Reply to
EricP

For balance. I bought and like the WorX. You can use the Fein bits, a bigger range than the Bosch IIRC.

Although the Bosch does have the variable speed and a vacuum port, to make up for the weedier motor.

And the WorX is on offer at Argos, way cheaper than the Bosch.

Get both ;-)

Reply to
PCPaul

You can buy the Bosch at £60.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Make your own! Less than a dollar each (reportedly). :-)

Reply to
Rod

I bought the Bosch under the Medways recommendation and its worth its weight in gold. Its one tool now I would not be without. Sturdy, goiod selection of readily available accessories, bosch quality. I was going for the Fein but at £100 more than the Bosch I couldnt warrant it. I used to use the Bosch almost daily till I fell ill and cannot recommend it enough. I cannot speak for the Worx never bought any of their tools but looking at this thread I think the majority is for the Bosch

Reply to
Samantha Booth

How's things going Samantha? Good to see you posting.

Reply to
Rod

Aww thanks Rod. Errr do you want the honest answer lol. Chemo is terrible. I think I have been awake for about 3 hours at most in the last 2 days. I am asleep most of the time. They changed my regime to R-CVP and I am so tired. I am just getting electronic goods etrc to keep me going in hospital to fight the boredom lol. Hey if they wont let me bring in power tools then I have to bring in gadgets.

So in all OK Rod thanks just tired all the time but fighting on

Reply to
Samantha Booth

Never had any expereince of chemo - not even known anyone while they are being treated. But stories make it sound pretty unpleasant at the time.

I suppose sleeping through might be a blessing. :-)

Just had a quick read about R-CVP. Sounds like it should get a bit less heavy in a few days?

Reply to
Rod

Day 10 is the worst. Its when my bodys white cell count is at its lowest, so if you can imagine a line it goes downhill from day one then after about day

12 back up again. I have chemo every 3 weeks. Lucky me LOL
Reply to
Samantha Booth

Don't know if anyone is interested, but did you know that you can get a cordless version of the Bosch PMF180E ? Alright, it can be nearly twice as much but being cordless and having two Li-Ion batteries would be damned useful. Model No: Bosch GOP 10.8v-Li. Can't find it on Bosch website yet though. I had a leaflet from Axminister Tools this morning with one of these machines in it, although you may be able to get one cheaper elsewhere like FleaBay:

be careful with Ebay as there are cheap ones on there, but they do not have a charger or any batteries, ie 'bare bones'. Axminster Tools also have a large range of tools to fit both the PMF180E and the GOP 10.8-Li as they appear to be the same tool.

for the multitool.
for tools for above.

Hope this will be useful. Cheers Dave

Reply to
Dave

I think it is on the US site but not the UK one. Further, I think is classified as 'blue' (rather than DIY-green).

Reply to
Rod

I didn't know you were ill - all the best :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Colin Wilson coughed up some electrons that declared:

Same from me :) The speed you (Sam) seem to tackle DIY jobs (previous postings as evidence) at is an inspiration to those of us whose worst problem (so far, fingers crossed) is a dodgey knee ;->

Hope all goes well!

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

LOL

I think it's God's was of telling me to slow down. I am only 37 although I don't look a day over 78. Thanks Tim and you too Colin.

Reply to
Samantha Booth

That's a very interesting link, thanks... I'll give that a go when I get round to it and report back...

Reply to
PCPaul