Argos SDS Drill

Argos are giving 25% off power tools until 3rd Dec. Just bought one of their SDS drills for 26.24. I can feel some of you cringing... but I won't be using it much, just the occasional hole to put up curtain tracks or blinds. Possibly to help remove some tiles in the new year. It's a big ugly HEAVY lump, but at that price it's not bad for what I need. Anyway I thought if anyone is about to buy a power tool it may be worth having a look at Argos www.argos.co.uk but you need to be quick.

And the Bosch PBH2200RE SDS at just over 70 is a cracker for home use.
Ed Rear wrote:

I bought one a year ago at the 29 quid price and have been very happy with it. With the Screwfix tile removing bit (cost more than the drill) its magic for removing tiles. makes a tedious job almost fun.. Have also used it to drill through rendered walls and into concrete that large pro non-SDS Bosch hammer drill wouldn't touch.

I've noticed that the Challenge tools have a tendency to overheat if used for any length of time, but they're great when used in short bursts.