Argos B&D or Bosch SDS drill

I had a chat with them this morning and actually gone for the Makita. They agreed that the description on the website was confusing and said they're going to change it.

So now to do some damage!

Peter.

Reply to
Snowman

;-)

I Hope you are as satisfied with yours as I have been with mine. Loads of power, but more importantly, lots of control as well!

A small pot of grease would also be a good investment. Just dip the blunt end of bits in it now and then before inserting it into the drill. That will help prolong the life of the SDS chuck.

The screwfix set of five SDS bits is quite good and resonable value as well. That should get you started. Might as well get a 20mm chisel while you are at it.

Reply to
John Rumm

Many thanks for the suggestions - and I see Screwfix is back up.

Peter.

Reply to
Snowman

Yes. Bosch do.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Stayer don't (or didn't with mine)

Was the above a Makita recommendation, or John Rumm's opnion?

Reply to
chris French

What is says in the manual....

Most SDS drills I have seen have seen mention some requirment for grease. This ranges from the the "I am going to gob a tank load of lard all over the place" variety, where you need to keep filling them up, to the more sedate users as I described previously.

Reply to
John Rumm

In article , John Rumm wrote: [snip]

[snip]

I too am very satisfied with my Makita, but their recommendation of grease as above puzzles me. If I grease inside the chuck, then I expect it to retain brick dust, whcich I can't then blow out. Instead I'll have a chuck full of mild grinding paste. Is this a good idea? How will it prolong the life of the chuck? Why do Makita recommned grease? Do other manufacturers also recommend the use of grease on SDS drill shanks?

Reply to
Jan Wysocki

Wouldn't a pot of graphite be a better lubricant?

Dave

Reply to
Dave