Argos B&D or Bosch SDS drill

Does anyone know if the B&D KD960KC SDS drill at £69.99, the Bosch PBH2200RE SDS at £89.99 or the Ryobi SDS at £79.99 from Argos have rotary lock for chiselling? If you are familiar with them, any suggestions as to which is best?

Peter.

Reply to
Snowman

The Bosch you mention does not have roto stop... don't know about the others.

LawsonHIS currently have the Bosch GBH2-22RE (one of the Blue Pro range) reduced to 76 quid to clear. Also the Makita 2450 with additional chuck adaptor for 116.

See:

John Rumm

The Bosch one does - I have one and have no complaints although it is the only SDS I have used so have no reference for comparrison. Our house was built in the 1900s and the bricks are pretty tough but this gets through them no problem when either chiselling or drilling. I got mine from Argos and it comes in a plastic carry case - but for 10 quid more at B&Q you get the same drill but in a much more rugged case. I thought it was a bit bulky though and was glad that I got the smaller plastic one but if you think it will get knocked around a lot it might be worth the extra tenner.

Reply to
Ric

Thanks for that - it's interesting though - the other reply says it doesn't have roto stop, but if you've bought the actual one, you should know!

Peter.

Reply to
Snowman

their desciption a little wrong - "..with impact stop to allow chiselling action only". How can you chisel without impact?

Peter.

Reply to
Snowman

Maybe you rest it against the wall and hit the end with a large hammer?

> Thanks for the tip - they look rather good. Although I think they've got

Reply to
Jon

Yep, just been and got it and its the right model number - I got it from Argos as well.

Reply to
Ric

I'm pretty sure it's the one I got from Argos last year in their xmas sale. It definitely has a rotor stop. It's my first SDS also, but I've not had any trouble with it either. You get a few drill bits and a narrow chisel with it.

-Duncan

Reply to
Duncan Lees

;-) yes I noticed that.... Still it is in the "Chisel Drills" section of the site. You could always confirm with them before ordering.

Reply to
John Rumm

In fact I take that back - sorry looked up the wrong number. It does have roto stop.

especially if is cheaper!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Yup sorry - my mistake - I looked up the wrong number!

Reply to
John Rumm

You don't know about the Bosch either. B-)

Sitting in it's box at my feet is a Green SDS drill with large red letters on the side that read BOSH below that in white is PBH2200RE to the left of the lettering is a three position rotary knob. Fully left is rotary only. Mid position is rotary & hammer. Fully right is hammer only and in that position the spindle is locked to prevent any rotation.

I'm very happy with it, it's mainly been used for chasing cable routes and wall tile removal. It has drilled a few holes as well. Like John I don't know about the others.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ah, so your's must be an imitation! :-)

Thanks for checking, Peter.

Reply to
Snowman

Oh, brollocks

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Just ordered this from Lawson's - thanks for the tip.

Peter.

Reply to
Snowman

You will regret it if you discover the bit about the impact stop was true!

Reply to
Ric

LOL (I hope!)

Reply to
Snowman

Just checked with LawsonHIS and they confirmed that the Bosch GBH2-22RE does NOT have rotation stop - luckily before the order has been processed, so I've stopped it. So their description on the website is confusing. Thanks for raising the doubt.

Peter.

Reply to
Snowman

It is confusing - but I suppose it just means you can use it as a regular drill without SDS - it makes sense now I know. Off to Argos then?

Reply to
Ric

Hmmm that's a shame, seemed like a good deal at the price ;-)

The Makita I mentioned *does* have rotation stop - I know that for certain since I have one of those!

Reply to
John Rumm