Are old Ikea catalogues available anywhere?

About 2002 I bought some Ikea black storage units with cherry-fronted drawers and cherry-framed glass doors; deeper than a Billy. They've lasted well and survived a number of re-purposings but now I'd like to find another one on eBay or gumtree. To find another I need to know what they were called. Google has not been my friend, hence the desire to find a catalogue from the 2000-2005 period. Any suggestions, or does anyone recognise the description?

Reply to
no_spam

If anyone has one to sell, its very doubtful they'd have remembered the name from 10 or 15 years ago any more than you have done. So the catalogue would be no use

Your best bet is simply to enter "black Ikea storage units cherry glass doors" or any combination of those in the search box on eBay and Gumtree.- ticking the "including description". If anyone does has one to sell its likely they'll have described in some way, as otherwise most people outside of Ikea Anoraks wouldn't have a clue what they were selling. If you do find one then it might be wise to check the dimensions with the seller first to make sure its the right one.

Quite what the carriage charges might be is another matter. To say nothing of the possibility of damage in transit, and subsequent grief sorting it all out with the seller.

So good luck with that.

michael adams

michael adams

Is there a UPC barcode stuck to any of it?

Reply to
Graham.

Everything I've ever had from IKEA has the name on it somewhere - usually on the back or underneath.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Humphrey

So that if somebody's got a set of 10 or 15 year old storage units they want to sell on eBay, the first thing they're going to do is drag it away from the wall and lay it down on the floor so as to be able to read the name on a label which might be on the back or underneath. Or not, for all they know.

On the off-chance that there is someone out there, presumably without a

10-15 year old IKEA catalogue to hand, who nevertheless remembers the name of storage units from 10 - 15 years ago which they might now be interested in buying.

I see.

michael adams

michael adams