Are Acova Cala towel rads always crap?

I fitted a small (500x720) white Acova Cala towel rad a few years ago and have just removed it because the paint was flaking-off. Was this a rogue or are they all the same?

(I fitted some other "no brand" ones at the same time and they're still perfect)

Reply to
unknown

Why not just rub down and repaint? "Radiator enamel" is freely available.

Reply to
harryagain

Probably powder coated which is more of a PITA to remove / repair.

Reply to
newshound

Sounds like no etch primer on the paint, is it alloy or what? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

And smells for months... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I've done that with panel rads before but don't fancy rubbing down a lot of pipe sections and all the awkward joints.

Reply to
unknown

It certainly looks/feels like a powder coating

Reply to
unknown

It's steel - underneath about half the tube there's rust that has lifted the coating. My guess is that the coating was water permeable :-(

Reply to
unknown

Dulux woodsheen is what you want for radiators.

Reply to
dennis