Architraves ( ? ) round window reveals

Do they still fit these in new builds and whats the point of them anyway .Is it for protection of some sort .......?

When I did up my kitchen I just removed the old ones and painted the new plasterboard .......I'm about to do the same in the bathroom ,especially as one side is much narrower than the other on account of a mains water inlet pipe being at the other side .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

not often

Looks nice...

possibly that as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

What's he talking about?

Round window reveals what?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

It's "reveal" (noun) not "reveal" (verb)

They make wall papering easier but I have only really seen them round wooden lined reveals on older houses.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

perhaps I should have said "around window reveals"

Mine is an old flat ..100 years old or thereabouts ..

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

perhaps you ought to rephrase that to

"I don't understand, what is a window reveal"

Reply to
.

I can't think of another reason, and it you put curtains in front it makes little difference anyway...

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I suppose it also covers the edge of the sash boxes on older sliding windows... (where the whole reveal is wood rather than plaster)

Reply to
John Rumm

Wel,as I understand it .A reveal is the part of the window recess between the face of the inner wall and the window .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

me too.

Reply to
.

They look good, especially on traditional properties. I've just added such an arrangement to the French windows in the kitchen and it has massively improved the look of the room. In a modern hutch it would probably look out of place.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle