Architrave Styling

Does anybody have any links that show the different available stylings used? I have a door frame I would like to match - and the carpenter has said he bought some off the shelf a couple of years ago but couldn't remember the name - he thought it might have been Ogee, but a google reveals that it isn't.

This is the best Ascii i can do of it:

|---| | --- | \--- | \---| -----------------

Umm the best way to describe it is two flat strips on either edge with a convex curve between them. Not a very good ascii art picture I'm afraid.

Thanks

Reply to
mike. buckley

You could look at the standard profiles available on spindle moulder cutters, since these are what will be used to produce most off the shelf profiles. Try:

John Rumm

Your local Travis Perkins should have a catalogue showing all the moulding styles available. The moulding you describe might be ovolo.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

In message , nightjar writes

Whooooo, genius. Brilliant!

's the second Ovolo one on that page - now you can tell how bad my ascii art was!

Thanks!

Reply to
mike. buckley

I usually get ovolo and ogee confused, so it was not too hard to guess :-)

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar