Arc welder language problem

I've acquired an ancient 90 amp arc welder, but instead of the output terminals being labelled something comprehensible , like Electrode and Earth. They are labelled PINZA and MASSA. From this, I deduce the thing probably isn't English ! Can anyone tell me which cable should go where ?
TIA.
John
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 23:30:28 +0100, "John"

Pinza means clamp or holder and massa means "mass" (aka earth).
You can have an earth clamp, of course, and the electrode holder is normally a Pinza potraelettrodo.
If it's definitely one label for each, then "massa" is going to be the earth.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Snip>

Thanks Andy and Geoff that's exactly what I wanted to know.
Linguistically challenged John

Non a problemo ragazzo
--
geoff

Andy Hall wrote

Eccezionale ! Ci sono altri che parlano Italiano !
Ciao tutti.
Paul.

Non, io sempre parlara double dutch
--
geoff

Sounds like Italian to me
I'll give you clue - massa is probably earth
--
geoff