Aqualisa shower (thermostat control)

We have a aqualisa shower that was fitted about a year ago after the previous one leaked. Have noticed that to get hot water the thermostatic control has to be moved almost to the extreme hot part (fully clockwise) to get any decent amount of hot water. I was thinking of taking the unit apart but thought I would ask here first!

Is it possible that the thermostatic cartridge has been installed wrongly and that it needs to be taken out and put in correctly.

As you can tell I'm no expert but would be please if those experts here could offer some advice. Starting to get sick of only warm showers.

The shower is fed from a combi boiler if that helps.

Me

Reply to
deltic13

They won't fit mechanically other than in the right way.

The normal remedy is to replace the cartridge. Shop around online for pricing because it can range from about £60 to £110

Reply to
Andy Hall

The cartridges comes in different colours for different likely input pressures.

grey - balanced low pressure pink - mains hot and gravity cold. ??? - mains hot and cold.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

In message , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com writes

I have an Aqualisa thermostatic and initially thought the plumber had installed the hot/cold piping in reverse.

It transpired that the system is *flow* sensitive. If you run on low flow you only get cold water. Mine is pumped from a cistern so this may not translate to a combi.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Thanks for all this advice. I think that the thermostatic valve may therefore be to blame. Now if they come in different 'colours'

1 Which is the one I need for a combi boiler?

  1. Also I assume it's a pretty easy job to do and is a matter of just undoing a few screws and taking the old one out and putting a new one in.

  2. On a the Aqualisa website there's all sorts of shower thermostatic valves. How do I decide which one is the right one?

Thanks again in advance.

Tim Rogers

Some good diagrams on The Shower Doctor web site. Google for it.

Reply to
John

In message , Tim Rogers writes

Reading from my 10 year old installation instructions.... Pink cartridge.

Multipoint systems, mains fed gas fired instantaneous water heaters must be capable of raising the temperature of the incoming water by 45C and delivering a flow rate of not less than 7litres/min to the shower valve.

Er. IANAPlumber but yes. Turning off the water supplies helps:-)

Pass. You could also try Shower Doctor. I don't have a URL.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I've found the tech. support line at Aqualisa to be very helpful (01959

560 010). Maybe it was luck but the guy was very knowledgable and had time to discuss possible solutions.
Reply to
Rory

Thanks I'll look into this. I won't rush just look around and see. I suspect this may be the problem though.

I think I'd worked that out!!!!

Had a look at that site. Very helpful.

Thanks to everybody for the info.

Ta,