aqualisa quartz digital shower problem

Hi,

I have a wierd problem with my newly installed aqualisa shower.

It's been in 2 weeks (and it is brilliant, when it works!) Today, it has lost all electical power.

the funny thing is that when i started the trouble shoot, I changed the fuse in the spur. This worked and the shower ran fine. Next time I tried to turn on the shower, no power again.

I got the electrical tester out and tested the fuse I had swapped out

- it was fine, so i put it in the spur again. The shower worked fine!

Havinbg tried a number of times, It seems that the shower works fine the first time the power is switched on at the fused spur, but refuses to work again, until the fused spur is swtched off and back on again.

Anyone got a clue?

Obviously I will be phoning aqualisa on monday - but I would like to have the wisdom of uk.diy behind me when I do!

Cheers

Phil

Reply to
Philipj.cosson

Can't help you with your problem ... but was stunned when I decided to look at the spec of one of these things!

Just how complicated can you make a shower FFS!. I bet you still quickly stuff your hand in to the shower stream to test the temp before leaping in - despite the 'Quartz microprocessor' (WTF's one of those - probably a PIC microcontroller) temperature regulation system. And as for the wireless remote on off ... gasp ... words fail me.

I hope you have a trouble free 5 years before the guarantee runs out - not off to a good start are we?!

Still - its probably one up from next doors tin bucket with holes in it hanging from the ceiling.

Reply to
Icky Thwacket

lad ... poor ... ceiling.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Can't help with the specific problem, all I can say is that I have called Aqualisa on several occassions and their after sales service is 100%.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ah. Educated guess. Something went overtemperature and shut down, and needs power off to reset?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The phone call was made, they told me that they would send an engineer round the next day. The engineer came, checked it out, opened it up and replaced a part. tested the water pressure and said that it was on the high side - which may account for the failed component, but it was within the specified range for the shower.

"if it happens a gain, get in touch" were his parting words.

I'm pretty pleased with their response - and the 5 year cover is a welcome security.

Philip

Reply to
Philipj.cosson