Approximate cost of building a garden wall?

Can anyone give me a guide/guesstimate sort of price for building a brick garden wall please.

It's around 20 metres long and 2 metres high (or was until it fell over). The fallen bricks etc. have been cleared away so it's basically ready to go.

Reply to
cl

What made it fall over in the first place? If the base is tilted or unstable, then one would need to dig out the foundation and put in a better one. I did see a guy once come up with a cunning plan and drilled the base and put in some kind of metal structure and a double depth ie 2 brick wall, which seemed to work quite well, but he did it due to being on a corner and always getting cars turning around knocking bits of the original wall over! It did look a little chunky, it has to be said. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Base it on 500 bricks a day ... in my area Bricky + labourer is £150 a day.

You don't say whether single skin ... in which case you would need some piers .. or is it double skin ... I would still put in piers in on a 20m length. Neat way is a pillar either end and 2 matching piers making in effect 3 panels of run

Or save a fortune and buy one of these if you don't have much in way of trowel skills :

rick