Apprenticeship? What a joke!

You get me there, I'll have a look at it!

Reply to
newshound

It's not like you to be so nice. I will also offer him the best of luck

Or do you suspect that this bit of the link

Daniel takes up the story: "I'd already done some work with the Neighbourhood's Team and had learnt a lot of useful skills that I can now transfer to my paid job. I'm really grateful to both of the ward councillors for giving this funding to help get me a job." is just bullshit and he was told what to say?

Reply to
ARW

Better than being a rubbish-apprentice collector like Adam.

Note I did not say a rubbish apprentice-collector.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

On 17/07/2013 21:34, newshound wrote: ...

They changed about 20 years ago and I don't think anybody who knew what apprenticeships were thought that modern apprenticeships would last as a title very long. Their predecessors had been youth opportunity programme, which survived five years, youth training scheme, which lasted six years and, finally, youth training, which managed just three years.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Obviously not. But it does owe everyone a fair chance.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

The richer ones have often married too early, when they were still poor. As a result their wives are fat and ugly and highly unsophisticated and treat working class people like dirt. They even try to treat me like dirt, and I'm middle class and also much cleverer than they are so my piss taking goes unnoticed by them.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

What about the 'engineer' sent to me by my gas supplier? She was 34 and inappropriately dressed. She was unable to figure out the capacity of my boiler despite it being written on a plate under the front cover.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Picking litter off the street should be done by claimant benificiaries before they get any money It is work for retards and the idle-at-school.

Reply to
harryagain

Apprentices always went to college/night school. For the last century at least.

Reply to
harryagain

She was *not* sent by the gas supplier, but by the boys down't'pub who chipped in for the very special gift of a visit by a highly trained professional and you thought she was there to service the boiler...?

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

It will be soon unless HMG have quitely dropped that proposal.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Tell that to the w^^^^bankers.

Reply to
Mark

Whereas I have no class ;-)

Reply to
Mark

And what happens to those who used to be paid to do this?

Reply to
Mark

Don't forget the hyped-up stories to suit some hidden agenda.

Reply to
Mark

has she magic-ed up some government budget for this

AIUI the last tranche of money for apprenticeships was well oversubscribed (from employers) suggesting that there is no shortage of willing employers. Though whether they were real apprenticeships instead of made up ones, I have no idea

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I'd love to be a recycled executive.

Reply to
bert

the fact that there is no fundamentally difficult skill to learn here.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

They end up on benefits, picking up litter.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

in your biz, perhaps

I bet that it does in the made up apprenticeships

Reply to
tim.....