Apprenticeship Pre-qualification

SWMBO asked me to clean the rear window of her car - so she could see where she was going!!!

Reply to
bert

Well, if you insist in parking the wrong way round in your driveway, she might have a point! ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Could be useful if she spins it in the ice and snow!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Female logic! my wife has had 3 accidents in the drive of my house, she reversed in to cars parked behind her. I can only assume as she was in the drive and the kids mates had parked when visiting that she she assumed the drive was empty and they had parked in the street.... But how could you miss not seeing a car when you walk out to yours and there is another car parked 3 feet right behind it..... Yes 3 times she has done this. :-(

Reply to
ss

Mine has done it twice (in 47 years).

Once when she was cross about some trivial dispute and once when I had left my truck in an unusual place.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

My mother did the classic of entering the garage/workshop via the little door set in one of the two bigger doors, and then reversing out without opening the large ones. Father was not amused .

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Um, isn't that a damned good reason to learn to back into your driveway? Lucky it was only cars she hit and not children or other pedestrians. There's rarely a good reason *not* to back into your drive and lots of very good reasons why you should.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Well, that is a new one. Or does she mean remove objects placed thereon? The inference is that these are your objects and that she needs to go places backwards quite a lot. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Reversing sensors. Cheap as chips these days.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have her arms dropped off?

Tell her to DIY:-)

Reply to
ARW

I can remember my Mum blaming me for one of her crashes. I had left her car in first gear when I parked it up - she later started up the car and went through the back of the garage wall as she never checked it was in gear.

I also remember my Dad once asking her "Have you have scraped the car down the gate post I can see white paint all down the side of your car" My Mum denied hitting the gate post. My Dads next question was "so what have you hit then?"

Her reply was brilliant "Your car and it's your fault for parking it where you did"

Reply to
ARW

There's another reason to reverse *in*, if possible.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

In article , ARW writes

I was washing it at the time - new toy snow foam dispenser.

Reply to
bert

I watched a neighbour bring her wheelie bin out and put it behind the car, she then locked the house door got in the car and reversed into the bin.

Reply to
dennis