Apprentices smoking in vans

Only on the entrance to the building - but it's my car (private property) in which I am giving some a lift.

don't do as I do - do as I say.

Reply to
charles

Those will be the components that *aren't* water soluble.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I've just purchased a sign for my deck area;

The Medway Handyman

Or the House of Commons bar.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The no smoking in a company vehicle law only applies where more than one employee normally drives the vehicle or travel as work related passengers I think.

Most companies just ban it outright though, as the lingering smell and possible burns affect the resale value of the vehicle.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

will be back in stock. Never if I have anything to do with it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I've seen them on a Challenger tank, and also the footplate of a steam loco. I don't think either were _entirely_ serious.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Why? I think it's very sensible sign. It tells me to avoid an area frequented by stinky, anti-social people.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What dies it say 'caution: Greenpeace activists' ?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Isn't that purely to profit the likes of Tesco?

I thought there isn't any more duty or VAT put on drink, the only requirement is that the retailer doesn't charge less than some arbitrary amount per unit of alcohol?

Reply to
Fredxx

Yes, 50p. However the Govt will get the higher VAT etc from the higher sale price.

Bottle of Chardonnay =A33,19 in March, up =A31.50 Whisky =A311.99 ditto, up =A32.01 Value Whisky =A39.97 ditto, up =A34.03 Buckfast =A311.25 ditto - no change.

(All figures Scotlandshire Regional Pairlyment)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Did you use the silicone spray which made the steering wheel shiny as new, but slippery as a very slippery thing?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I don't think it was in common use that far back!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Actually that's a very good point.

Reply to
Tim Streater

As we have only one female employee I was tempted to have the following not= ice pinned up in the staff toilet

" As a predominantly male environment we prefer the seat left UP "

Reply to
fred

Reminds me one time my car was valeted (by a main dealer, without me asking for it). They polished the windscreen with silicone, and I couldn't see a damn thing when it started raining. Called up Triplex to ask how to get it off, and it's damn hard work. They did warn me that sometimes it's impossible to remove, although I managed to in this case.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It also causes problems to car body shops when re-painting. If a silicone polish has been used it's difficult to remove completely. Any tiny bits remaining cause 'fish eyes' in the new paint. It seems to survive sanding down, etc.

I dunno what they use in car washes - some form of wax? Stops the windscreen wipers working properly. I never use car washes - but the last time the car went to a main dealer for service, it came back like that, as they valet it as part of the service. I complained - but of course was the only one ever to do so...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)