Apprentices and charity work

or it might be that the "allotted hours don't exist."

Reply to
charles

you obviously haven't noticed how Westminster keep moving goal posts.

Reply to
charles

On Monday 09 September 2013 17:54 Dave Plowman (News) wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Ofsted still want their paperwork and the DofEd are constantly fiddling with the curriculum and procedures.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I'm one. Also son and grandson x 2 of and I'm perfectly normal:-)

Yes. Or having to work very hard to meet parental expectations with inadequate material.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

En el artículo , Tim Lamb escribió:

Ouch. :-)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Maximum teaching time = 1140 hours/annum (assuming no free periods when kids are attending)

Working time in a normal job (37hr/week with 5 weeks paid holiday) =

1702 hours/annum

Difference for marking and lesson preparation = 562 hours or equivalent to 15 weeks/annum. This leaves 5 weeks paid holiday + bank holidays and no weekend working.

Reply to
alan

Why? Is she crap at what she does.

Reply to
soup

And the materials required for the lessons need to be prepared/made available/ordered.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Assuming an hour for lunch. Many schools only have 45 min lunch breaks these days. A teacher will be lucky to get 30 mins by the time they have sorted out the classroom and prepared it the work for the next lesson.

7 working hours is same as a normal 9-5er and still longer than the 6 quoted above.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

These days? With everything coming with moulded on plugs for the last

20+ years.

I agree that something like that could be a very useful indicator of a candidates aptitude and initiative.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Exactly.

Who ever felt "called" to be an accountant? Nobody.

And that's vocational. As in "vocational qualification". Different thing.

Yes, it could.

Exactly.

And that correlates with fish prices how?

Reply to
Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Our primary school took it into its head that any of the teaching staff couldn't apply the sun creme that the parents had been asked to send in with their children. Need less to say the Reception Class classroom got covered... and a number of other children got in a right mess.

It's not often I take issue with things but this one got my goat, what happened to "in loco parentis" and "duty of care"? And if any of the teaching staff are into kiddie fiddling what does that say about the LEA's vetting procedures/policies? Just use the normal procedures, never be alone with a child, have another adult present etc.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The main thing I remember was having to chew lots of antiseptic chewing gum, which fortunately I quite liked, and would otherwise never have been allowed.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

And you would expect that someone who has passed CDT/DT or whatever it is called these days can use a tool other than a mobile phone.

I heard about this place opening today on the radio.

I like the idea.

Reply to
ARW

So if they're not lucky they're at the school for 8 hours?

Reply to
bert

Would that be above the national average for someone with years of training and 10 years' experience?

Reply to
Bob Eager

And very, very few in a secondary school day. Too expensive.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Don't be stupid. She has actually won teaching awards, as it happens. It's the sheer volume of work.

Reply to
Bob Eager

It would be the national average for everybody. That's the thing about the national average. It's the average of the nation.

Reply to
Adrian