Apprentice moment

This morning all the trunking he was asked to store in a safe place last night had gone.

Thats because he stored it in the bin room and this morning was collection day.........

Reply to
ARWadsworth

LOL.

That's like the colleague of a friend, who was moving offices, so he put all his stuff in boxes and wrote his name on the outside.

Unfortunately, his name was Rubash, and the cleaner's first language was not English.

Reply to
Huge

Did a lot get thrown away?

Reply to
gremlin_95

Steel or PVC?

Oh dear, well at least it wasn't the power tools ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

About £200 quids worth.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

A think I repeatedly tell tenants is that black bags are BIN bags and anying found in a black bag is declaring itself to be rubbish and will be placed in the bin.

A friend's parents lost loads of possessions because they bagged them up in bin bags and stacked them outside the house. Of course, the bin men put the bin bags in the bin lorry.

JGH

Reply to
jgh

Wouldn't work here, rubbish bags are blue (domestic) or green (commercial).

Niether would that they only take two bags at a time.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

PVC

That means he will live. Three apprentices have been fired in the last two months and the summer holidays are our busiest time of the year. The one that "lost" the trunking is OK, he has good IQ and is keen to learn. And he took the piss taking he received.

I know some will say (well only one k*****ad that I know of) that they are used as cheap labour but there is nothing cheap about someone taking 30 piss breaks a day to try to disguise his use of facebook via his mobile phone. That's well over an hour and a half a day on the phone (it would be longer if he was to pretend to wash his hands).

Adam

Reply to
ARW

I had one or two worrying moments when I was moving in to this place.

I was using a wheeliebin as a barrow.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I swear this is true.

Late 70's and 80's - all IBM field engineers had to complete a Call Report following a customer visit. I was in software so we did Software Call Reports. These were summarised for management by the Analysys Program - in a thick fanfold printout labelled in big letters S.C.R.A.P.

So more than once the cleaners threw it away.

Reply to
Reentrant

Should have written something [in]appropriate on his Facebook page...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Piss on his phone. I'm not quite sure how that will ultimately help anything, but it might be satisfying at the moment that it's done. :-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I once saw a plumber take a phone off an apprentice and stamp on it.

Every so often we have a purge on mobile phones and take them off them.

Then they argue "what if there was an emergency?". Simple, the person with the emergency can phone the office and we will put them through to the electrician you are working with.

Mobile phones in work time are a work tool and should not interfere with work. At least most people who call me in work time ask if it is convenient to talk when I answer (if it is a non work related call).

Reply to
ARW

Certain areas at my place of employ have bans on phobile moans. We have a femto-cell that doesn't allow calls to be made. Probably not practical for someone who roams about, sadly.

Reply to
Huge

The answer to this is to use a little drill and a small padlock through the holes of course you must not lose the key....

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The worst thing about the mobile phone is my Mum. I have had a mobile phone for the last 17 or so years. And when she calls me the first thing she always asks is "where are you?".

As my Mum is as geographically challenged as dennis I now just reply "at work". She now probably thinks that "At Work" is a real town/city somewhere in Yorkshire.

She was the one that thought Filey was in East Yorkshire as her holiday home postcode ended in 9EY.

Reply to
ARW

Wish we could get SWMBO's mum to use one. She won't use a computer because the radiation will trigger her tinnitus.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Well, until 1974 it was.

JGH

Reply to
jgh

"Get back to work, you skiving bastard."

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

This morning all the trunking he was asked to store in a safe place last night had gone.

Thats because he stored it in the bin room and this morning was collection day.........

That was bad luck

round my way, if it ain't in the bin (or black bag) it don't get collected

(My current bin store is full of crap that previous tenants have dumped there expecting the bin men to take away, but the don't)

tim

Reply to
tim.....