Apprentice interviews

Apparently a load of wannabes were phoned up on Friday and asked in for interview on Monday. There are a pile of applications.

One of them asked if his interview could be after 12 as he is not very good at getting up in a morning.

The one who did not give his name on his application (by application I mean he emailed the co asking for a job) but has the email name "Muffinslayer" was not invited for a interview or even phoned up (a pity really).

And the correct reply when asked "What time can you attend for interview on Monday?" should be?

Reply to
ARW

IMHO Anytime or as early as possible? (The early bird often gets the worm)

Ash Burton

I remember going to the Job centre after being made redundant. Just going through the motions to get my dole money for a few weeks - as I intended going freelance anyway.

Filled in the various forms and put 'any' against preferred hours to work and 'any' against the town or whatever.

Not what they apparently wanted on this form. Yet when a staff member had been required to work any hours on any day of the week, and frequently not in my home town.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

as required

Reply to
charles

Reminds me of one I heard from a sixth form careers adviser at a grammar school.

One boy put down his email address as "gingerpubes@..." (hotmail or yahoo or something) (on his UCAS form for university). He was told in no uncertain terms to get a new address.

There was a parents' evening a couple of weeks later, and said careers adviser mentioned it to the boy's father. Father went rather red and said that it was actually *his* email address.....

Reply to
Bob Eager

"At your convenience".

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Oh dear...

I have a chronic allergy to mornings and where it matters not, I'll work mid morning till evening but I don't expect other people to rearrange their lives to fit me!

I hope you kicked his butt!

Reply to
Tim Watts

the question was "what time?" not "where?" "

Reply to
charles

My answer stands. Or would you prefer, at a time convenient for yourself. ffs

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

what would you do if you see a masonic handshake at an interview ? ....

Reply to
Jimbo ...

BONA ...

Reply to
Jimbo ...

Nope.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Yes, if you have an apprentice who is good at baking he might bring in cakes.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Tell them to join the police.

Reply to
ARW

The correct reply should equal the arrival time of the first bus/train or whatever

Reply to
stuart noble

That would be at the convenience of the job applicant. The correct reply would be at the convenience of the prospective employer.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

charles posted

Which translated means "Ha ha ha, I've got a job and you haven't, so beg for one you miserable worm. Ha ha ha, I'm all right Jack."

Reply to
Big Les Wade

It should be "never mind the interview, what time do I start?"

Reply to
dennis

B-)

But a very valid comment. No.1 Daughter has a yah-mail address that is perhaps not the best for "formal" use.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Depends upon what they want; a job or a written rejection, to show they were looking for work. I used to get the occasional caller at my factory who simply wanted me to sign a form saying they had applied for a job, rather than actually wanting one.

Reply to
Nightjar