Apprentice Fred Dibnah?

After a workshop clear out, sat in my yard, waiting the next scrap man, is an ancient centre lathe. Unused for the last 20 years!

It occurred to me that within this group there might be some idiot er. artisan? with an interest in restoring lumps of superficially rusty iron.

Make unknown, about 4' between centres 8 or9" swing with gap bed, face plate and soft jawed chuck. Screw cutting with lots of change wheels etc. Three step flat pulley with plummer block mounted lay shaft. I can probably find an old 4 pole 3 phase motor to go with it.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The message from Tim Lamb contains these words:

Don't tempt me. :-)

Reply to
Roger

Try posting to uk.rec.models.engineering , there are people there that have far bigger machinery than you would imagine a model engineer would want

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

Umm... I'm not really that bothered. It's just that I had no sooner pulled it through the door than my woodworking tenant was across the yard with a spanner to disconnect the chuck! (now fitted to his 6" Colchester. I hope he remembers not to fully wind out the jaws:-)

The scrappies will come with a Hiab and save me the bother of loading a m/c probably weighing 1 ton onto someone's 5cwt car trailer.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

EBAY it

Certainly what I would do. I tend use eBay as an alternative to paying out for a skip to throw things into and I keep being surprised at what people will pay for.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Depends what they are modelling. I sold a Bridport style milling machine to a chap who makes model traction engines, weighing about half a ton each.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .uk.com>"

message

Yep - got a Bridgeport myself - well two actually

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson