Applying sealant

I was thinking about that tiny amount that could ride up and get a tiny smear past the tool. i.e. light worktop, light based tiles and a contrasting silicone colour.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Dave ( snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com) wibbled on Saturday 05 February 2011 21:15:

Yes you can get a micro skin effect as you describe.

No, you will not see it - too thin, it is totally transparant.

The only way I noticed it, was on a hyper smooth bath, if you rubbed near the bead with a finger you got the odd "flake" peel off - but it did not affect anything.

Masking tape (as mentioned) + fugiboithing would both give a neat joint and not exhibit that though.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I'm now following Tim, I thought you wanted me to go to a German camp. These tools do look good, well anything looks good after the other days fiasco. I'll see if I can pick one up.

No worries I understand your hard day, not alone there. I had a bit of a bad day the other week and just lost the will to live. Hope the weekends been ok so far for you.

Reply to
Pete

Thanks, I did wonder.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

If you do get any wisps left, you can use the straight edge of the tool to remove any excess.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks for that John, it looks like a win win tool :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I'm a complete idiot with sealant (usually), and my one and only success at doing it in our brand new kitchen was when I used masking tape, very carefully applied, and pumped out a thinner bead of silicone than I would normally have done. Then when I shaped it with my finger / washing up liquid, there wasn't too much excess and I got what (for me!) was the perfect application.

Matt

Reply to
larkim

at the end of mine theres a bit of metal i push back to release the pumpy grip then i can pull the barrel back a bit so its not under pressure and it stops oozing out

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]