Application of Carbide Grit to take wear

Would anyone know of a paste or simiar, that could be applied to some slippery steps in a very 'well-used' public domain. Which would contain something like a carbide grit, to make the steps non-slippery and to be able to withstand a lot of wear. Thanks.

Reply to
r brooks

No personal experience, but plenty available

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sticky tape exists - I doubt if any paste would stay in situ for long.

Reply to
charles

If appearance unimportant, staple on some chicken wire. Good even for ice and snow. Bend over edges and staples on side or underneath.

Reply to
harryagain

That's fine if the steps are made of wood - but no so good if they're made of concrete or stone.

Reply to
charles

You'd have to get the technical department of a council where the public are involved but non slip paint is widely used especially on ships and boats.

You could make something not too long lived but very cheap with water-resistant PVA and sand. Foam glue is another sticky that you could cast sand over but I wouldn't even attempt that.

And finally if the pva/sand idea seems to work make some self-leveller (grout) up with sand and sprinkle a (very) little more sand over that before it dries. Bricklaying sand or silver sand rather than the more coarse plastering sand.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I don't know if they still have it, but RS used to sell a non-slip paint for steps.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

A good selection here from a company whose products I have always found to be reliable:

Alternatively, you could use an anti-slip adhesive tape:

You can also get a variety of different types of plate to cover the threads:

or simply anti-slip nosings:

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar