Apple ipads (again)

Doctor Drivel is a partial anagram of "functional nervous disorder", and "seasonal affective disorder". Kind of fits. Days are getting shorter...

And there is a Doctor Drivel blog:

to the very bottom... :-)

Reply to
polygonum

But for a few years Acorn & Apple ran a joint marketing company for schools

- which was eventually taken over entirely by Apple.

Reply to
charles

Nice. :-)

Reply to
John Williamson

nor can he have met a Ferrograph Tape Recorder of which it was said "It must be portable, it's got a handle!"

Reply to
charles

I'll admit iPads are reliable, from the lack of cursing I hear near them, but how many hardware changes are there in the iPad Mini?

Fair enough.

Reply to
John Williamson

He's done this several times. Fools no one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Compensated for by demonstrating stupidity of mind-boggling proportion?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Maybe the problem's in your technique.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

En el artículo , John Williamson escribió:

It's a completely new design, not just a shrunken iPad, so we'll see.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I have the power of prophecy!

Reply to
Steve Firth

Or photovoltaics and fuel cells.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Engyulush such much?

Reply to
Steve Firth

At least one crash per day according to the Android fan at work. He seems to think its normal. None of my iOS devices has ever crashed.

Reply to
Steve Firth

That is *FAR* from normal for Android, my N7 is running stock firmware and has never crashed or hung, it only reboots if I forget to charge it.

My N1 is rooted and running CyanogenMod based firmware, from time to time a dodgy version will cause problems, but once I get a stable version I can stick with that for months, so far I've resisted putting

4.1 on it, that would probably be a step too far for a 3 year old phone.
Reply to
Andy Burns

Reply to
Lawrence

Quite.

But when the CEO says he wants to use his iPad, it's career limiting to say no.

Reply to
Huge

Just remember that the 'D' stands for doom.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And when the CEO's (and all his flunkies, and their flunkies and so on...) use of an iPad leads to a colossal security screwup, it'll be our fault.

Reply to
Huge

En el artículo , Huge escribió:

Less Dilbert, more BOFH required.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

No doubt the plantpots will say you are telling lies.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel