Appalling service from Amazon

Has anyone noticed an extraordinary decline in the service from Amazon?

I ordered 14 items last week, all of which were said to be available "immediately". I asked Amazon to "Dispatch my items as they become available", and was told at the time they would be sent next day. I just received email from Amazon to say they will not be sent for a month.

It does not seem possible to communicate with a human being at Amazon; they apparently have no phone number, and their query system actually says that they cannot reply to queries, but simply sends you to a (useless) FAQ.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

I haven't experienced anything quite that bad, but they have declined a lot over the past 18 months - to the point where they are no longer my preferred book/cd/dvd supplier (play.com is).

Reply to
Grunff

Google is your friend

0208 6369451 or 0800 2796620 also Reception - 0208 6369200; Fax: 0208 6369401 & 0800 2796630
Reply to
Dontcha

No. Try posting somewhere more appropriate.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

It's no less appropriate than posts about plumbworld or screwfix.

MBQ

[hint: Amazon sell DIY books and tools]
Reply to
manatbandq

Well! I didn't know that.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Well, considering Amazon sell DIY books (or so I should believe) - a bit more on topic than that religious chat plauging this and other groups.

Reply to
nospamx1

What religious chat?

Reply to
Grunff

Biblical plauges can be very nasty ...

Reply to
John Cartmell

Such as ...?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Thanks very much.

You have proved to me that even the most OT topic is not too OT for uk.d-i-y !

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Thank you again. I managed to contact Amazon at 044208 6369200 and after a reasonably short delay (3 minutes) got through to a real and pleasant human (female).

She told me that the goods had actually been dispatched but by Deutsche Post. The delivery date given by Amazon was (according to her) wrong. I shall discover shortly who is right.

So it appears that Amazon uses Deutsche Post to dispatch some goods, at least to Ireland. (Two of the items I asked for are coming direct from the UK.)

I've been a pretty good customer of Amazon in the past, but won't be using them any more.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy