Anyone used Ready Strip product.

Anyone used Ready strip product, keep seeing it advertised on sky and need to strip my floorboards stained and varnished. Sanding takes hours and hours, already done one room and the mess it makes is unbelievable.

Thanks

Reply to
ian

In message , ian writes

Do you mean the current boards are varnished?

Ready strip is a paint/varnish stripper, it won't remove, stain or all the ingrained dirt normally found on floor boards. So you will likely have to sand anyway.

Reply to
chris French

Yes, it certainly does. If the boards are softwood, it's actually cheaper (by my calculations) to lay a second lot of softwood T&G floorboards on top than it is to sand them. You get a more solid floor too. The only downside is that access to the underfloor void is further restricted.

Reply to
Grunff