Anyone used Friedland AlertGARD alarm dialler?

I saw them at B & Q reduced from =A380 to =A333 - it "learns" the sound of your burglar and/or smoke alarm going off and rings you to tell you it's going off.

Problem is - it rings me when the cat mews!!

Reply to
Murmansk69

If you have an alarm, why not just use a conventional SDI?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

SDI??? What's that - Strategic Defense Initiative/ Star Wars?

Presume it's some sort of dialler contraption but my alarm is 8 years old so I guess I'd need a new control unit?

Reply to
Murmansk69

If you had a Siamese cat you wouldn't need an alarm.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Sounds like a poor solution, liable to give you a nervous breakdown.

I use a real diy solution. When the alarm goes off a pair of relay contacts close and make a modified one piece phone go off-hook. It has my mobile number programmed into its last number redial and a switch has been wired to the keypad to effectivly keep the LNR key pressed so it dials as soon as it goes off hook. In practice a single dummy digit has to be included before the number to get the timing right; it is not usually possible to put a pause before the dialed number.

I might add that this system has been in use for 20 years or so, initially it dialled a radio-pager.

Total cost? about 5 pounds for the phone.

Reply to
Graham

Speech dialer interface, IIRC. It's what they're called on Ebay.

Even at that age most had auxilliary contacts, and that's all that's needed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)