Anyone used a brick saw blade in Skil type saw?

Just cutting holes in the chimney breast.

I have run my largest SDS drill through the brickwork but need the hole to be just a bit bigger to avoid having to cut the moulded plug off the power cord.

Having been impressed by the Erbauer saw I bought from Screwfix, I thought I would check if there was a saw to cut brick - might allow me to groove the brick then knock bits out.

Well, they do Bosch ones for around £20. Anyone used one of these to cut bricks in a wall? I realise that the standard answer (especially for creating openings for windows and doors) is "angle grinder" but I just need to cut a small opening - sub letter box size. About the size of a single back box.

A single box cutter for the SDS drill is about £40. I have an electrical box sinker chisel (I think) - an SDS chisel with a slightly offset head - but this looks a little brutal and uncontrolled.

I may also just have finally killed my budget SDS drill bought from Homebase yea these many years ago.

So there is an attraction for a non-SDS solution which can work on the existing hole. :-(

Then again a cable joiner is probably a budget option.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

It's gonna be easier/cheapert to just cut the plug off and replace innit?

Reply to
harryagain

Got one just for the hell of it and if you are cutting medium sized holes in single brick walls it works remarkably well.

I can see it being good for finishing off squareish holes where the main cut had been done with an angle grinder which has left sloped incomplete cuts near the corners.

Might even do for amateur brickies who can't cut bricks with a trowel (like me).

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David