Anyone tried the "Variflush A"?

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Variflush Type A (or Type B, for that matter) and would like to comment on it.

Adam Funk

Ours is a dual push-button, one small one large - there's no need to spell it out any more than that.

The Variflush seems only one step away from 'piss', 'dump', or .... (I'll leave the third as an exercise for the reader!)

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Is that for a flap-valve flushing mech?

I have a syphonic pan and I think I have to have a syphonic flusher (a Fluidmaster certainly won't fit [1]); this is the only variable-flush adaptation I've seen for a syphon in the cistern.

How about labelling them "No.1", "No.2" and "No.2 XL"?

[1] Message-ID:
Adam Funk

wash the ceiling?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Ah, I didn't twig that it was for use with a conventional syphon. We've got a Wirquin MW2 which, for all intents and purposes, comes under the flap category although it actually uses a plastic float which should never wear out or deform (unlike my previous experiences with the flap variety) and with its 10yr guarantee hopefully this claim will bear out.

I read your other post and couldn't picture your cistern arrangement. The Wirquin claims compatibility with 'all cisterns' so it might be worth a look -

Mathew Newton

Two-button flushers aren't always straightforward, though. I'm sure I've seen two versions of the "user interface":

  • large button for large jobs, small button for small jobs;
  • large (easier to hit) button for common (small) jobs, small button for less common jobs.

Is there a standard for this?

Reply to
Adam Funk

I couldn't get the flap system to work with my toilet...

...but I think I'll have to post a diagram to explain it clearly.

toilet flusher marked Small-Medium-Large. ;-) YMMV!)

Reply to
Adam Funk