Anyone recommend a good cheap ladder (18' ish)

I need to get hold of a long ladder to clear my gutters and repaint the barge boards. Since this will only be a perhaps a weekend a year type job can anyone recommend a place to either buy a cheap ladder or perhaps rent one for a weekend?

My only other reason for buying is that it's impossible to clean our top floor windows properly from the inside and a ladder would mean I could give them the attention they need from the outside instead.

Regards, Jason.

Reply to
Jason Arthurs

At the risk of sounding too personal, how much do you weigh and what's the combined weight of yourself and the stuff you're likely to be carrying up the ladders? Standard shed ladders are Class 3, rated to about 95kg static load. They're the cheapest but if you're of more substantial build you'll need BSEN 131 ladders, rated to 150kg. Three section will be more expensive than two, but more hassle to store.

Phil

Reply to
Phil

Sometimes people amaze me!

Reply to
PJO

Wouldn't want him to come a cropper 'cos someone recommended some cheap crap that wasn't up to it.

Phil

Reply to
Phil

Please do not top post.

Reply to
R W

A very pertinent point, as I'm 6'1" and 107Kg I'm already over the limit for most 'domestic' ladders. Not likely to be carrying much up the ladders, myself and a cordless drill is likely to be an average load.

I was recently looking at loft ladders and there are few that stow away nice and small *and* take my weight. Let alone me carrying the

17Kg monitor that I've just got down from the loft...

Regards, Jason.

Reply to
Jason Arthurs