Anyone reccomend an affordable timber merchant in West Sussex?

As near to Worthing as Possible. I want some good wood for a car port type frame. There are loads of merchants, but which supplies the best quality at sensible prices? Thanks.

Reply to
Mike Barnard

Alsfords are the big cheeses in timber in Worthing and West Sussex generally.

I was miffed when they closed their local depot in West London fairly close to where I live, as I'd used them for years. You could spend hours in the stacks sorting out the straightest lengths, unlike the sheds with their shrink wrapped knotty rubbish.

Its doubtful there's much to choose in timber prices as they all largely sell to the trade and so would simply go out of business if they took the p*ss.

The cheapest and often the best quality timber can come out of skips, only they don't always carry the sizes you want.

michael adams

Reply to
michael adams

Thanks Michael, I'll look them up. As I said, there's so many around it helps to have a reccomendation.

Reply to
Mike Barnard