Anyone need some Wylex NN style MCBs?

A CUs worth about to be scrapped unless they are of any use to anyone.

Reply to
John Rumm

Anything in there around 40/45 amps range?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Nope sorry... got a mixture of 5, 15, and 30s, plus the clunky 3 module wide 30mA/80A RCD that is built into the end of the CU.

The larger MCBs for NN seem quite rare...

(As I am sure you know, you can bodge a modern DIN rail one in on the far end by chopping off the end of the busbar, folding the metal mounting lugs out of the way, and hardwiring the feed via a link wire from the adjacent MCB. Leaves the MCB floating there held in place only by its wires and the front panel though)

Reply to
John Rumm

I know :-)

The old and Proteus MCBs are a good match for Wylex boards and vice versa (as are the new ones on the new CUs)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

You mean those Geyer Proteous jobbies? Based on my last encounter with those, I don't think I would voluntarily fit one! (spent a fair bit f time tracing a fault which turned out to be a batch of said MCBs who's actual on state only had a passing acquaintance with the position of the dolly)

Reply to
John Rumm

Is the "NN" the pre-din rail type with two sort of terry clip connectors, one for the busbar and one to hold the other end of the MCB in place? If so, I have a mate who will probably swap you a "nine" of good beer for them.

stever at fairadsl dot co dot uk

Reply to
newshound

They look very similar to:

sort of hang over one rail in the position you would expect the top of a DIN rail to be, but then have a second rail about 15mm higher that engages with a retaining clip. (you could probably slide a modern MCB into the two rails). There is no bottom rail where a modern one has its retaining clip, and the bottom of the MCB fixes onto a flat busbar that has U shaped notched cut out for each MCB.

I have 2 x 5, 2 x 15, and 4 x 30, all type 2 MCBs

Drop me an email with an address and I can stick em in the post if he wants them.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes. But they fit.

I have worked in two houses this week, one had an old Wylex CU (NN) that had one odd old Proteous MCB in it among the Wylex MCBs. The other house had a new (2 years old) Proteus CU with a Wylex MCB inbetween the Proteus MCBs.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Yup, sorry was not doubting they fitted. Was just not in a hurry to meet Proteous MCBs again! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm