Anyone looking for a good central heating company in N Liverpool or Wirral?

If anyone in the North Liverpool or Wirral areas is looking for a good central heating company, _DON'T_ use Merseyside Central Heating Ltd.

They replaced a central heating boiler and hot water cylinder for my

79 year old mother with a bottom of the range, 78% efficient bog standard cast iron boiler, and the hot water cylinder without the factory applied 35mm PU foam. Both in exactly the same location, so no extensive alterations to the pipework, etc.

Even though the existing system had no room thermostat and relied solely on TRVs, they didn't upgrade these controls as they are required to do. They didn't even fit a bypass, when the installation instructions say quite explicitly that they should. They didn't supply a benchmark certificate.

All this for the bargain sum of £2,200.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

I thought that it wss no longer allowed to fit cylinders without insulation? Or did they put a jacket on? Even so, there are a bunch of other shortcomings as you say.....

I trust you've educated them on the error of their ways.......?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I hope you are contacting the relevant authority. Is this company a fly-by-nighter, or pretty large? If large then contacting them directly may bring results. Must be armed with the regs, chapter and verse though.

Reply to
IMM

"Hugo Nebula" wrote | They replaced a central heating boiler and hot water cylinder | for my 79 year old mother ... All this for the bargain sum of | £2,200.

I think your mother should get British Gas in to do the job properly and sue for the difference :-)

They picked the wrong client there, didn't they.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You've got a determinedly independant mother too, then? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh no,dont suggest British Gas!!,according to this NG they are crap and they rip you off (unless your in a mess and need bailing out..)

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

IME the actual work done is about middle of the road certainly no glaring irregularities as described here. However they are charging top rate prices (and then some) for ordinary solid but not exceptionally good work.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

"Ed Sirett" wrote | >>I think your mother should get British Gas in to do the job | >>properly and sue for the difference :-) | > Oh no,dont suggest British Gas!!,according to this NG they | > are crap and they rip you off (unless your in a mess and need | > bailing out..) | IME the actual work done is about middle of the road certainly no | glaring irregularities as described here. | However they are charging top rate prices (and then some) | for ordinary solid but not exceptionally good work.

Exactly. It would serve the original fitters right if they got sued for BG rates.

Owain

Reply to
Owain