anyone know which CH pump will be suitable

Looking at replacing my CH pump which I think it on it's way out and blowing fuses. The current one is an SMC Commodore 130-70W 240V 50Hz

It seems from the web that the 130 is the dimensions between the inlet/ outlet of the pump. Does that mean that any 130 pump with the 50Hz frequency and 240v will interchange suitably?

thanks

Reply to
pms1cmr

Any 240v 130mm pump will physically fit - but that's not the whole story.

You also need to consider the pressure and flow combinations which it can deliver. For example, the description of Grundfos pumps include numbers like

15-50. This means that they can deliver 15 gallons per minute at zero pressure, or produce a pressure of 50kPa at zero flow. [Don't ask me why they use mixed imperial and metric units - other than that gives bigger numbers and looks more impressive!]

ISTR that the Commodore was a fairly powerful pump - and that SMC also made a less powerful model called the Cadet - so you need to look in a bit more detail at the spec of the Commodore, and get one which matches.

Having said that, I would make sure that it *is* the pump at fault before replacing it - using the method I suggested yesterday. Geoff has suggested that another significant suspect is the boiler fan - so you need to check that out too.

Reply to
Roger Mills