Anyone know of a transparent glue?

Im working with clear perspex and need a glue that will dry perfectly clear and strong anyone got an idea what and where to buy in uk? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Alan The Braw

Make some by dissolving some of the same perspex filings in chloroform.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The modellers at a place I used to work at used (I think) acetone as solvent for perspex. Clamp the edges together, then brush the solvent into the crack. Both faces melted and welded themselves together.

Reply to
Tony Williams

=============== 'Clear Bostik' dries clear but its strength depends on what you want to do with the perspex.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Tensol 12 Cement available from RS Components.

Kaiser

Alan The Braw

My Hot Glue Gun dries transparent. Depends on the final strength you need and the conditions I suppose, but worth an experiment?

Reply to
Mike Barnard

Your perspex supplier should be able to supply the proper glue which forms a transparent bond by dissolving the surface layers of the perspex.

Reply to
Mike

Try glass glue, by Loctite I think. It needs sunlight to cure.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Araldite

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Chloroform (trichloromethane) - You used to be able to get it from pharmacists, but I doubt you can these days. I'd have suggested acetone (which was available from the local Chemists last time I tried) but apparently the best stuff is ethylene dichloride.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Go to a GOOD model shop and buy 'canopy glue'

Used to hold clear acrylic canopies in place. Its ALMOST clear when dry.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Low-bloom cyanoacrylate (superglue) works pretty well on perspex.

Reply to
Mike Harrison