Anyone interested in plumbing with a difference;)

Just found this very interesting reading over on another ng: systems in use on a WW2 submarine .. plumbers nightmare by the look of it!...

tony sayer

Actually the problem goes away if you consider the whole ship as an engine with different pressure levels. One just uses seals as for instance the rings in a piston which keeps the explosive pressure levels in the firing cylinders out of the oilways.

Then there are the various oil seals that keep the oil out of places it isn't needed and stop it from splattering everywhere when it gets to where it is.

Have you posted it to the various military groups?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

The message from tony sayer contains these words:

stuff. And most of it largely comprehensible - unlike many modern systems.

Reply to
Guy King

In article , Guy King writes

No microprocessors perhaps;-?...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Weatherlawyer writes

Err no!, cos I don't sub to any.. and I'm subbed to enough anyway;)

Reply to
tony sayer

The message from tony sayer contains these words:

IIRC you'd struggle to find even a diode.

Reply to
Guy King