Anyone identify these beasties and how to get rid of?

Hi, can anyone identify these beasties and better still direct me to something that I can get that will get rid of them. They are more silver / translucent in real life. Are very quick and actually look similar to lizards when running. They seem to have 2 antennae on front with 3 at the back. We have found about a dozen of them over the last couple of months, mostly in the upstairs bedrooms. They range in size but the one in the pictures is just short of a 1pence probably the biggest there has been.

for any info.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

about getting rid of them though, stop eating doughnuts in bed perhaps :-P

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , Steven Campbell writes

Silver fish.

how to remove them..

fun........ :-)

Reply to
Bill

Yep.

Wouldn't bother, not worth the effort, unless you have found damage to a priceless book...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

One of the simplest and oldest lifeforms on Earth.

Only time we have ever been free of them was when a seasonal infestation of spiders ate them.

Reply to
ericp

Wont the missus complain and stop eating salami in bed in return? :)

Reply to
gazz

you noticed any of these in the wardrobe?

had loads of silverfish in a place I lived in as a kid (got quite used to them) and then they just disappeared.

Apparently they can survive for a year or more without feeding, so I guess you can kill them with the same methods you'd use for Posh Spice.

Reply to
mike

Could also be firebrats,

jj

Laying down poisoned Armani?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Thanks guys. Yes it definitely looks like Silverfish. One of the bedrooms affected is in the loft and the other place they have been seen is the bathroom. It is no where near an infestation as we are lucky if there is one spotted ever week, but that is one more than I would like.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Steven Campbell