Anyone Help Please ?

No I am not. You obviously have no relevant recent experience in the field.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

But what sort of element? Surely a normal resistance element doesn't give off UV?

You can do it in sunlight but it's a bugger to calibrate and get repeatable results.

You can get the tubes for photo-etching as spares from Mega, I bought mine form RS along with standard flourescent ballast, etc., to make my own box.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Be careful what compoonents are in view of the lamp. Colleague used a camping light many years ago with a UV tube. Worked a treat, but it degraded the plastic components of the lamp to the point of disintegration.

Reply to
<me9

Indeed, but I don't do enough of it to make it worthwhile these days.

Reply to
John Rumm

What lamp? See words "make my own box".

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Read tube=lamp. Anything visible to the UV rays from the tube needs to be UV resistant, Many plastics aren't. Lampholders (to avoid confusion, the bits the tube plugs into) can fall apart after little use.

Reply to
<me9