Anyone got one of these?

Anyone bought one of these cheapo nailers?

'm thinking about fixing a dozen sheets of 6mm ply over existing boards and for secret nailing platic wall cladding? Can you get into awkard spaces, ie. into the groove of T&G with it?

Cheers

Tony

Reply to
enuff

I have!

its great fun. The trigger on it is about 5mm so that's your limit on the size of the gao you can get into. It is not nail gun though, but fires pins (and some distance they go too) I did find when nailing hardboard to the foor that the pins can go all the way though if you press to hard.

I have used it sucessfully to nail down 3mm hardboard to the floor, 7mm Hardwood, and 6mm MDF pannelling (tasteful). thats about its limit though.

It will do your ply, dunno about the cladding as it might fire through the plastic.

Scott

the groove of T&G with it?

Reply to
Scott Mills

On 11/01/2004 enuff opined:-

One quite similar, air operated. I have not tried it in the way you describe, but I think it would be able to get in. The brads might be a little thinner than you expect though, but I still think they would do the job.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Cheers Scott

For £20 I may as well order one to do the ply, it'll save time. How rapidly can you "fire" it, I've used the big Paslodes a few times and like the idea of a few secods "recharge " time ;-)

Tony

Reply to
enuff

think a lot of people (including me) got one.

It'll probably do okay for what you want. But there's only one way to find out!

I was quite pleased with this little toy. Not in the same league as an industrial nailer though.

PoP

If you really must use the email address provided with my newsreader please be aware that the email is processed with spamcop. As a result your email to me might be treated as spam!

Reply to
PoP

Me too. It should get into the groove of the t&g. The pins are very narrow though, I wouldn't be surprised if they went right through the plastic. It will certainly should do the 6mm ply covering job. I was pleased how quick it was to do boxing in jobs with it. The holes the brads leave are very unnoticeable to and are easy to fill.

Reply to
BillR