Anyone got a part number for a Vaillant PRV

Hi The PRV on my Vaillant TurbomaxPlus 837e (VUW GB 362/2) has started leaking approx 1/2 pint a day - time for new one I think.

Anyone know the correct part number for this part? All the online suppliers I've found so far don't seem to list this model. Many thanks Mark

Reply to
MarkF

What's the system pressure, and are you having to top it up regularly? Does it leak continuously or only when hot? (Just wondering if the expansion vessel might be the problem, so it's going over pressure when hot, and then dropping under pressure when cold to due PRV releasing the excess.)

If it leaks when cold, it may have got some debris trapped in it. You might be able to release that by deliberately discharging a few short bursts through it using the knob.

Does it need something special, rather than a bog-standard one?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

your supposed to turn the red knob every so often anyway, but i bet most people dont.

turning the knob clears out limescale and other crap that forms on the seal, as well as turning the seal around a bit to a new seating position, do it often enough and you hardly ever have to replace them, that's what i found out with boats and motorhomes with calorifiers which use a 3 bar prv anyway, the ones that need changing due to leaking the owners didnt even know it was there half the time, and the others thought turning it adjusted the pressure setting.

Reply to
gazz

The pressure is dropping to the bottom stop daily. It seems to leak when cold but not as fast when hot.

I've done that already but I can try again.

No idea - all the ones that I've seen online list Vaillant numbers but just not mine. Are all 3Bar PRVs equal?

Mark

Reply to
MarkF

That's interesting - I've never heard that before but it makes some sense.

Mark

Reply to
MarkF

There are differences in fittings, compression verses combinations of BSP male/female, and also types with integral pressure guage, or not.

Vaillant could have had something special made for them though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I think the Vaillant ones use a clip+O-ring type seal, as do many of the water components in the boiler.

Reply to
Ed Sirett