Anyone for a get-together in the Thames Valley?

It's the wellies that give the game away.
PoP

Do you all talk funny as well?
I can't "read" northen stuff anywhere that's in print as no one talks like that. ;-)
Anyway we'll keep the whippets and you lot can keep your house prices. :-)
Half a cider and I'm anyones...
Mark S.

1hr 45mins from here to J11 of M4 (near J36 M1). Dunno how easy it is these days to get from there to Hurst. Time was I'd hack it across Woodley Aerodrome, scoot round Sandford Mill, then hang a left onto the B3030 before diving up to the right, swerve round the parish church and then dive across the staggered junction by the cricket club. That was 20 years ago, and it's all probably one bloody great housing estate now. Wonder if the old scout hut is still standing by the village hall?
Cheers Clive
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 21:01:05 GMT, "Clive Summerfield"

No aerodrome any more, although there was when I was a kid. The aerodrome itself is now a housing estate, although the remnants of the perimeter road is still there.

You can still do that. Sandford Mill has been renovated and the area between there and Hurst is now lakes resulting from gravel extraction. Some are used for water sports and the rest is a country park.
The rest is as you describe.

As above, and there are a few small developments of a few houses in Hurst itself.

I'm not sure, but probably

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Just keep your CAT boots on.

Try and keep up. It's Makita chain saw protective gear now. This is also highly tax efficient since there should be no problem in convincing the Inland Revenue that this is essential workwear.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
writes

--
raden

I do not possess CAT boot, parka, anorak, or take sandwiches to work. So that counts me out.

writes

You're the one that mentioned such crap
you just don't have the balls to turn up
--
raden

You are right. I would feel out of it without CAT boots.

IMM wrote:

Do you mean they wear Timberland boots as well???
What will they all talk about at this meet?

Almost certainly your good self. Of course if you don't come along, you'll always wonder what was said...... ;-)
I have some Timberland boots as luck would have it. Is size 13 of any use to you?

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

In short, you talk about the lastest brand of CAT boots.

Size 13????? I have tango dancing feet!!!!

I thought it was cha-cha-cha.... Do you have a tutu?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

As well!

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:25:14 +0100, PoP

PoP,
Is this still happening next week?
I need to know for my diary...........
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Yes. Tuesday Nov 4th. Say 8pm.
Is it The Green Man?
PoP

Suits me....
If you want to email me, I'll send you a photo......
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I don't get offers like that every day.....!
If you are expecting to be famous some time in the future, would you mind signing it? ;)
PoP