Anyone brought a MFI kitchen with TESCO vouchers?

Hi.

It would appear that for =A3800 in TESCO vouchers would pay for a =A32000 total bill in MFI

How, well TESCO and MFI have a deal where each tesco voucher is worth

4x the original amount.

So, has anyone used their ?

Has anyone gone as far to try and purchase an entire kitchen with vouchers.....

On ebay they are selling like wildfire. People making more in CASH than the vouchers are worth face value.

The deal is that good, that I am considering trying to buy vouchers from people as they enter the store. If I can get =A3800 worth of vouchers, I can then order a kitchen worth =A32000.

Reply to
freestyle_london

Considering the vouchers have the account holder's name and Clubcard number printed on the vouchers, and the vouchers have to be sent to Tesco for redemption (any excess is then recredited to your account ready for the next voucher issuing), and then Tesco send you back (to the registered account address) a printed voucher for the requested item/company (which then needs to be sent off the the end company) - it does seem a almost impossible to use (unless the person redeems them for you, taking several weeks), or you basically hand over the account to the purchaser by changing the address to the purchaser's address.

I've not seen any retailers/offers which just take the vouchers themselves - they always need to be redeemed by Tesco, unless of course, you spend them at face value at Tesco (again, presenting the registered Clubcard at the same time).

David Hearn

They don't actually seem to care all that much - We redeemed some of the mils vouchers and the days out token things came through fine.

We have had several days out for the family for nowt (well, except the premium they stick on the food in the first place and the fact that we are now owned by Tesco in terms of data on our habits ;-)).

Again, not true in our Tesco a while back. I handed over vouchers with my wifes number on - they didn't match my card and at the time the cards were not linked. The girl on the till didn't even glance at them and just scanned the barcodes. It gave us the money off fine.

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Ahh, okay. It's just that our Tesco has refused to take the vouchers without presenting a clubcard - which made me assume they would check that the card presented was associated with the account that it was issued to (considering, certainly in the past when I checked, the a/c number was encoded in the barcode).

David Hearn

That is probably the correct policy - like I say, the girl on the till couldn't really have looked less interested if she had tried :)

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Sounds like you've never actually used the deal vouchers.

Yes, the cardholder send their initial Tesco vouchers (which ar eonly valid in Tesco stores) back to Tesco for conversion to deal vouchers at

4x original value. This does not take several weeks at all. You then *take* them to the end company and spend them just like you would cash or any other money off coupon. They don't need to be sent off anywhere (unless it's a mail order only company, of course).

Once you have the deal vouchers you just hand them over as payment and they go in the till just like cash. No need to use or show your clubcard at all. Some deal vouchers are specific to a single establishment and must be spent there, others can be spent anywhere that participates in the scheme. It would be quite feasible to trade these on eBay for little effort on the part of the original card holder.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Actually I was speaking from personal experience.

In my two experiences with use the deals, it took about 4 weeks or so to get the converted vouchers back and for the deal I was doing, they needed to be posted to the end company which then took a while to process.

David Hearn

Er, wouldn't you only need £500's worth?

alex

Reply to
Alex

I think they have two barcodes one - one unique and linked to the card, and the other an EAN (13-digit) one which is scanned at the till. The other is used for central accounting purposes only. (at least that's how the Sainsbury's ones work ;))

alex

Reply to
Alex

Okay - 3rd experience now - request posted on Saturday, vouchers received on Wednesday. That IS a fast turn around so maybe they've improved - last time did it was a year ago. Shame they sent the wrong vouchers (item code was 1 digit out). I'm surprising considering it is even the name and the wrong cost are wrong (which was itemised on the order form). Guess someone forgot to check the code, the description, and the cost before processing! Phoned them and I need to provide a cover letter and send the voucher back again.

David Hearn

OK, sorry, our experiences obviously differ.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

The main problem is that you would have a MFI kitchen, which probably would not fit and if anything went wrong they would be unable to sort it out.

I speak from personal experience (Bedroom not Kitchen furniture).