Anybody tried this?

silicone around the three year bath insists on splitting very slightly in different places. I have replaced it three time in as many years with decent stuff. Used meths to clean dry surfaces. Bath is secure and was 3/4 filled with water before I put the new silicone in.

Appreciated.

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I used Teleseal 10 but that was because it is impossible to stop movement in my shower tray. It has so far survived for 3 months.

Invisible Man

It looks a bit bulky. Price is about the same though.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Not used that, but I've had good results from this

down with Nail N' Seal.

B&Q sell both.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Taa Dave, the wife has just shuddered! It don't cost enough yer see... I admire your cycling work :-)

-- Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I would suggest that the bath *is* moving, otherwise with a good quality product, it would last OK. Probably all you can do now is add support between the base board and the floor, especially if you use it for showering. Ideally the whole length of the edge should be supported on installation, but as I say, I guess it's too late for that now ! :-(

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Taa, but the bath is *not* moving. I have had two people stood in it whilst I lay on the floor peering under the bath using a torch. The bath is actually screwed to the wall. Thanks again.

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Perhaps then, the gap's too wide ? With a quality product and stable wall and bath, most people find it satisfactory. Not trying to be awkward I assure you !

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

The walls were tiled by a pro. The new bathroom, kitchen, new boiler etc were fitted by a bloody expensive and nit picking heating engineer. The entire house was more or less pulled apart when we moved in.

Cheers for the help, all houses have a few niggling problems.

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

on 25/04/2011, Mr Pounder supposed :

I gave up on the silicon sealers around the bath years ago. I used the angle strip which comes in a roll. The only thing is you must start with a clean surface and you must use a small roller to get enough pressure onto it to make it stick and seal properly. It sticks via a fairly thick none setting mastic, which has enough flexibility to all for slight movement. Ours has been on for quite a few years now, no cracking, no leaks, but it has become a little discoloured.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In message , Mr Pounder writes

£40 ?

use cat shit, its cheaper and more abundant

Reply to
geoff

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I've not seen a cat around here for over three weeks.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

And cat shit will improve the smell of the Pounder household. Perhaps if Pounder removed the coal and ferrets from his bath the silicone sealant would not perish quite as rapidly.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Too much anti-freeze?

Reply to
Invisible Man

Beats me.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I can buy and sell you Firth.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Well what do you expect if you spend three years at a time in the bath? When are you programmed to crash land?

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

How do you get to pay utility bills in arrears? Given the fondness for estimating bills and their exponential algorithms for doing so, the thieving buggers owe me a fortune on all of mine.

OTOH, the way energy prices are increasing and the way interest rates give you little else to do with spare cash, it's not such a bad deal.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Indeed. Oil I pay up front.

Both mobiles are pre-paid.

Electricity is DD monthly, so its a mixture.

SIP phone is pre paid.

Only arrears are standard phone and internet..paid 1 month in arrears IIRC.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher