Any vintage fridge experts out there?

Not intended to highjack this thread but have another refridgeration or a freezer related question. Havn't tried yahoo domestic appliance group as no one seems to reply to anything. I have a 50/50 fridge freezer, Zanussi coolzone. The freezer seems to overfreeze and after a month or so the freezer door cannot be closed. It has one thermostat, which I have changed. the fridge part seems to operate fine.I don't think it is a 'gas' leak, but cannot think of anything else.

Reply to
dave

what would cause a single compresor ff to

- run continuously

- get too cold in the fridge

- get less cold than it should in the freezer?

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

If it gets iced up too quickly something might be stopping the door closing fully or the door seal might be defective. The freezer temperature won't affect how quickly it ices up that much.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Hi,

If you want to check if it's leaking get a fridge man to put a valve on and check if there's pressure, then inject some UV dye. Though I'd expect it's more likely the compressor is gone.

Probably best to sell it to a place that recons them if you no longer want it.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C