any tips for dismantling Rapid Racking?

Hi there a somewhat silly question ... I am taking delivery of some S/hand RapidRacking shelving shortly. I have a bit of this already and although it's decent quality stuff I found it a pig to assemble. I actually put one shelf at the wrong height and found it more trouble than it was worth to bash it out and re-fix it.

So - has anyone any tips on the assembly or (more especially) this disassembly of the stuff, or is it just a case of brute force & ignorance?

Cheers jon N

Reply to
The Night Tripper

I use a large rubber mallet for both assembly and disassembly.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

it comes with a rubber mallet...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Angl- ------r

Reply to
F Murtz

Anglo-saxon Chronicler?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

More letters than dashes.

Reply to
F Murtz

Anglian Water - the space was in the wrong place...

Reply to
polygonum

Anglican vicar?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I've not really had any issues.

Some pieces are harder than others to knock out again, but so long as you hold the rest in place while you bash it's been fine - a single sharp bash at end end will knock a bracket out. Perhaps it depends on how much brute force is used to put it together, but then I do tend to whack it together hard as well!

The other thing to remember is to put the shelving (i.e. the board) in or to remove it at the appropriate time - i.e. when you actually have sufficient access rather than to force it when it's awkward.

Reply to
Piers

that might do it,just take an awful long time,(through corrosion)

Reply to
F Murtz
[...]

Perhaps I was unlucky, in that my first set of shelving had a large number of shelves with little space in-between them. That made it very difficult to swing the hammer to disengage the shelves.

Yes, I encountered this issue - thanks for the reminder!

[...]

The Natural Philos> it comes with a rubber mallet...

Ah, maybe that's my problem - I was using the mallet that came with the Big Dug shelving ;-/

Cheers Jon N

Reply to
The Night Tripper

Hi All a followup: shelving just delivered and disassembled *much* easier than last time I tried. Either the brackets hadn't been fully bashed into place originally, or being able to get a larger swing on the mallet made things easier than I'd expected. Either way, I am pleased ;-)

Cheers J^n

Reply to
The Night Tripper