Any suggestons for this Gas Central Heating Problem? (Whooshing sounds)

Hope someone can pinpoint this problem and suggest some solution/ advice. Our Central Heating system is making a loud whooshing sound at start up. We think the gas boiler (8 yrs old) is drawing in air into the hot water tank and this is the source of the noise.Is our diagnosis right? How can we pinpoint the fault in the system? Thanks for all your time. denise ( snipped-for-privacy@ge.com)

Reply to
denise.ryan

A bit of background would help. Type of system (i.e. sealed or vented - does it have a header tank), make and model of boiler etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

Okay John -Will get back tomorrow with this info.Thanks John.denise

Reply to
denise