Any locksmiths about?

the shoulder

far enough

Yes, I did check that as one of the first things that could have gone wrong, as it was a young lad that cut the key and he looked as if he was having difficulty lining the key and blank up.

OK on your comment about the registration errors, I agree with you. When I was an apprentice fitter, I spent some time learning to make keys from blank to fit pad locks and this where I picked (pun not intended) up my knowledge of how they worked. I could make a key, using engineers blue that was used on surface plates, and have the lock open within 30 minutes. Worked all right until some one started to the same and steal tools from toolboxes. Ever since, I have never said that I could do it.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

that is definitely something to make you think twice before reaching for an angle grinder now.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Having had more than one cylinder and pin lock apart, I would expect to have to work to a tolerance of around +/- 2 thou. It does not need a pin to be very far out to stop the cylinder rotating.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Thanks Colin. I didn't realise they were that sensitive.

Dave

Reply to
Dave